When businesses need to outsource their shipping, warehousing, and other logistics processes, they typically turn to third-party logistics (3PL) providers. A third-party logistics company is an outside company that contracts with businesses to optimize, manage and oversee their supply chain and logistics operations. 3PL services range from simple forwarding and storage operations to complex activities like part assembly, kitting, and even fulfillment and distribution.
Third-party logistics providers offer a variety of services, such as:
1. Freight Management - Planning, scheduling, and coordination of transport services between the point of origin and the point of destination.
2. Warehousing and Distribution Management - Storage and handling of goods and nationwide shipping, including pick-and-pack, return merchandise, and more.
3. Last-Mile Delivery - Local delivery to commercial customers, residential customers, and even remote locations.
4. Customs Brokerage - paperwork, documentation, and other services related to import and export processes.
5. Specialized Services - Temperature-controlled shipping and equipment storage, inventory management, order fulfillment, reverse logistics, and other services designed to meet the specific requirements of a business.
The advantages of 3PL services include cutting costs, freeing up internal resources, streamlined shipping and delivery, improved order accuracy, and access to better tools, technology, and resources. Third-party warehousing and logistics services can also help businesses better manage inventory, anticipate and respond to customer needs, and improve customer service.
Partnering with a third-party warehousing and logistics provider can be essential for businesses seeking to improve their supply chain operations. By leveraging the services, expertise, and resources of a 3PL provider, businesses can optimize their supply chain and improve their operations.
EASY TRADE AFRICA, YOUR RELIABLE SUPPLIER
No matter you are an established business looking for a partner on the ground to manage your supply chain or e-commerce or a start-up looking to source a better supplier!
Please get in touch with us today. We would love to hear from you.